The Union Depot began passenger service for the Michigan Central and Pere Marquette Railroads in 1902. The Detroit architectural firm of Spier and Rohns, which planned many Michigan Central stations, designed the building with Chateauesque conical towers and cut stone arches.
The depot closed in 1972. Restauranteur Peter Jubeck bought the building in 1978 and transformed it into an eatery, retaining the quarter-sawn oak interior and installing locally crafted stained glass windows.
(Peter Jubeck died in 2003, but his legacy lives on, and his family is still involved in the day to day operations of Clara's Lansing Station.)
Learn more about the history of Clara's Lansing Station by reading our pdf menu. See the historical marker from Clara's on the River in Battle Creek.
Previous | Home | Next
Back to Clara's Lansing Station Home Page